Failed :-(

Feb 14, 2013 at 6:27 PM
Module installed. OK
Module added to Forum Page. OK
Module settings configurated. Enabled OK
Tapatalk site, after adding my site with URL,directory and ashx obtained from module settings tell me:

Tapatalk Plugin is either not installed or installed correctly. Retry Help
Error message: Not Installed: Server Error(1)

The site is in a test enviroment behind a firewall. I reach it with a pubblic IP (firewall) and a NAT to a internal LAN machine. The site is browsable regulary outside my LAN.

What may I check?
Coordinator
Feb 14, 2013 at 6:42 PM
The Forum URL you entered into Tapatalk is the public URL correct?
Feb 14, 2013 at 6:43 PM
Yes: http://81.xxx.xxx.101

The same I use in the browser
Coordinator
Feb 14, 2013 at 7:05 PM
And just to confirm, you have enabled the API Handler correct?

If you want, send me a private messaage with your Forum URL and your Install Directory and I'll see if the service endpoint appears to be publicly accessible.
Feb 14, 2013 at 7:10 PM
Message sent.
Coordinator
Feb 14, 2013 at 7:16 PM
I don't think your site is properly accessible outside your firewall. I can't access the site given the address you sent me. If I can't see it, Tapatalk won't be able to see it either.
Feb 14, 2013 at 7:30 PM
I sent you the correct ip. Now I'm outside with a smartphone and i can open it regulary
Coordinator
Feb 15, 2013 at 2:50 AM
Did you see my follow up email?
Feb 15, 2013 at 8:03 AM
OK, customerror Off.. Now we can see thi s error testing ...mobiquo.ashx

Could not load file or assembly 'CookComputing.XmlRpcV2, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
Coordinator
Feb 17, 2013 at 1:07 AM
Can you verify that "CookComputing.XmlRpcV2.dll" is in the DotNetNuke bin directory?

If so, is there any reference to it in your web.config?
Feb 17, 2013 at 3:13 AM
I am having the same issues as skiank.

I have CookComputing.XmlRpcV2.dll and CookComputing.XmlRpc.dll in my bin folder. There is no mention of cookcomputing in my web.config.
Feb 17, 2013 at 3:18 AM
It also looks like the module creates a directory? And in that directory resides mobiquo.ashx ? If yes, I don't see the directory (as shown in the advanced settings) created on the root folder.

Thanks.
Coordinator
Feb 17, 2013 at 3:24 AM
Ok, you must have another module that's using the XML-RPC library and it's causing a conflict for some reason.

I'm not sure how to solve this. I'm going to have to do some research on it.
Coordinator
Feb 17, 2013 at 3:25 AM
frozendnn wrote:
It also looks like the module creates a directory? And in that directory resides mobiquo.ashx ? If yes, I don't see the directory (as shown in the advanced settings) created on the root folder.

Thanks.
No, that's all virtual. No actual directories are created outside of the normal module directory.
Coordinator
Feb 17, 2013 at 3:31 AM
BTW, what you could try in the short term is to try and rename "CookComputing.XmlRpc.dll" to "CookComputing.XmlRpc.dll.bak" and see if that resolves the problem.

However.... I'm not going to swear that this won't affect whatever module installed that in the first place. It looks like there are several other modules that use it.

If nothing else,it might be a good short-term test.
Feb 17, 2013 at 7:53 AM
Edited Feb 17, 2013 at 8:00 AM
I've only the CookComputing.XmlRpcV2.dll in my bin. And NO reference in web.config

I think the problem is the reference to this DLL. The error:

Could not load file or assembly 'CookComputing.XmlRpcV2, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Reference to version: 0.0.0.0 and Token Null.... !?
Feb 19, 2013 at 1:02 AM
Renaming the dll did not work. What are all the changes/additions that tapatalk module make to web.config? Maybe we can make those manually and see whether it works? Thanks
Coordinator
Feb 19, 2013 at 1:11 AM
The adding the handler is the only change it makes to the web.config file. There is nothing else.

I'm not 100% convinced that this is actually a problem with the module, but what I'm going to do is compile the XML-RPC library under a different name and see if that helps. I'll try and get that in the next build that I'm working on now.
Coordinator
Feb 19, 2013 at 5:26 AM
I just pushed up a new beta that has a repackaged DLL for the XML-RPC library (plus a few other enhancements/fixes). Give that a try and let me know if it works any better.
Feb 19, 2013 at 4:01 PM
Progress with last 0.0.4 beta. Tapatalk.com registration work properly now. I've some problem with tapatalk client but I'm looking now...
Feb 19, 2013 at 6:02 PM
Ok It work now! I start the test
Feb 19, 2013 at 7:35 PM
It's not working for me :(

I get this message when I add /forums to my website url:

Error message: Not Installed: Server Error(1)

And this one when I do not add anything to my website url (http://www.website.com

Error message: Not Installed: Cannot detect http://www.websites.com/aft628/mobiquo.ashx Check this file existence and try again.
Coordinator
Feb 19, 2013 at 8:32 PM
When you navigate to the actual URL with mobiquo.ashx with your web browser, what do you see?
Feb 19, 2013 at 8:44 PM
Server Error in '/' Application.

The resource cannot be found.

Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /aft628/mobiquo.ashx

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.272

Do you think URL Master is causing this?
Coordinator
Feb 19, 2013 at 8:50 PM
Looks like the request isn't getting routed to the tapatalk handler.

It may be URL Master. I don't have/use that, so it's hard for me to say. Is there a way you can have URL master ignore that URL?
Feb 19, 2013 at 8:51 PM
No it's not URL Master. Same error even after disabling URL MAster.
Coordinator
Feb 19, 2013 at 8:57 PM
And the tapatalk handler is still in your web.config?
Feb 19, 2013 at 9:00 PM
The ashx isn't a page, it's a mapping. For the sake of anyone else having issues with this, the problem was a configuration problem in the web.config. IIS 7 requires that the handlers are declared in 2 different sections: system.web and system.webServer. I was missing the declaration in system.webServer.

I read in the forums that log4net should work and be able to write files under the web root. Any gotchas to be aware of with using log4net within the winhost shared server environment ?

http://forum.winhost.com/showthread.php?t=3776

I don't know what that means but does it make sense to you?
Feb 19, 2013 at 9:48 PM
Yes it is.
Coordinator
Feb 20, 2013 at 1:27 AM
The handlers section in "system.web" is for IIS 6. You shouldn't need that since DNN 7 requires IIS 7.

Anyway, is it working for you now?
Feb 20, 2013 at 4:38 AM
Edited Feb 20, 2013 at 4:58 AM
Nope. It's not working for me. Don't know what else to do now. It has to my server settings.
Coordinator
Feb 20, 2013 at 12:35 PM
Couple things to try:

1) Move the taptalk handler to the top or the bottom of the handler list in your web.config
2) Try changing the extension from ashx to php and see if it will respond

If neither of those work, I'm not sure what to tell you. You might have to ask over on DotNetNuke.com.
Feb 20, 2013 at 7:57 PM
There is only this in my web.config. Should I have other things in the handler section?
<!-- The system.webServer section is required for IIS7 compatability It is ignored by IIS6-->
  <system.webServer>
    <validation validateIntegratedModeConfiguration="false" />
    <handlers>
      <add name="ActiveForumTapatalkAPIHandler" verb="*" path="mobiquo.ashx" type="DotNetNuke.Modules.ActiveForumsTapatalk.Handlers.TapatalkAPIHandler, DotNetNuke.Modules.ActiveForumsTapatalk" preCondition="integratedMode" />
    </handlers>
  </system.webServer>
I cannot change the extension on my website but only in the tapatalk forum owner area. I tried php and aspx but that did not work either.
Feb 20, 2013 at 7:57 PM
Thanks.
Coordinator
Feb 20, 2013 at 8:06 PM
You don't have any other handlers at all? That seems kind of odd. Are you sure you're looking at the right web.config file?

DNN7 requires about 14 handlers on it's own. You should have several items listed in the handlers section.
Feb 20, 2013 at 8:35 PM
Edited Feb 22, 2013 at 9:59 PM
?
Feb 20, 2013 at 8:37 PM
Feb 20, 2013 at 8:38 PM
/
Feb 20, 2013 at 8:38 PM
Edited Feb 22, 2013 at 10:00 PM
Feb 20, 2013 at 8:39 PM
That's my web.config. Some of the items overlap because I could not cut and paste the whole thing. Are you talking about http handlers?
Coordinator
Feb 20, 2013 at 8:58 PM
Ok, I think I see what's going on. I gave you bad information in the other thread regarding how to install the handler manually.

The Tapatalk handler needs to go in the "<httpHandlers>" section, not "<handlers>".

Sorry, I was going from memory...
Feb 20, 2013 at 9:02 PM

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Unrecognized attribute 'name'. Note that attribute names are case-sensitive.

Source Error:

Line 94: </httpModules>
Line 95: <httpHandlers>
Line 96: <add name="ActiveForumTapatalkAPIHandler" verb="*" path="mobiquo.ashx" type="DotNetNuke.Modules.ActiveForumsTapatalk.Handlers.TapatalkAPIHandler, DotNetNuke.Modules.ActiveForumsTapatalk" preCondition="integratedMode" />
Line 97: <!-- This is for CAPTCHA support -->
Line 98: <add verb="" path=".captcha.aspx" type="DotNetNuke.UI.WebControls.CaptchaHandler, DotNetNuke" />
Feb 20, 2013 at 9:04 PM
In httpmodules:

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Unrecognized attribute 'verb'. Note that attribute names are case-sensitive.

Source Error:

Line 76: <!--<add name="Compression" type="DotNetNuke.HttpModules.Compression.CompressionModule, DotNetNuke.HttpModules" />-->
Line 77: <!-- add name="Authentication" type="DotNetNuke.HttpModules.AuthenticationModule, DotNetNuke.HttpModules.Authentication" / -->
Line 78: <add name="ActiveForumTapatalkAPIHandler" verb="*" path="mobiquo.ashx" type="DotNetNuke.Modules.ActiveForumsTapatalk.Handlers.TapatalkAPIHandler, DotNetNuke.Modules.ActiveForumsTapatalk" preCondition="integratedMode" />
Line 79: <add name="SpiffyDatabaseMonitor" type="Spiffy.DatabaseMonitor.Monitor, Spiffy.DatabaseMonitor" />
Line 80: <add name="RequestFilter" type="DotNetNuke.HttpModules.RequestFilter.RequestFilterModule, DotNetNuke.HttpModules" />
Coordinator
Feb 20, 2013 at 9:22 PM
Grrrr... Now I'm just confusing myself. I just gave you more bad info.

This is the old IIS 6 version which you can ignore
<system.web>
<httpHandlers />
</system.web>

This is the II7 Version where the tapatalk handler should go.
<system.webServer />
<handlers>
</system.webServer />

What has me confused about your web.config is that you're missing all of the handlers for the IIS version.

For example, where's what my handlers section looks like, including the tapatalk handler:
  <handlers>
      <add name="ActiveForumTapatalkAPIHandler" verb="*" path="mobiquo.ashx" type="DotNetNuke.Modules.ActiveForumsTapatalk.Handlers.TapatalkAPIHandler, DotNetNuke.Modules.ActiveForumsTapatalk" preCondition="integratedMode" />
      <remove name="WebServiceHandlerFactory-Integrated" />
      <remove name="ScriptHandlerFactory" />
      <remove name="ScriptHandlerFactoryAppServices" />
      <remove name="ScriptResource" />
      <add name="LogoffHandler*" path="Logoff.aspx" verb="*" type="DotNetNuke.Services.Authentication.LogOffHandler, DotNetNuke" preCondition="integratedMode" />
      <add name="RSSJandler" path="RSS.aspx" verb="*" type="DotNetNuke.Services.Syndication.RssHandler, DotNetNuke" preCondition="integratedMode,runtimeVersionv2.0" />
      <add name="LinkClickHandler" path="LinkClick.aspx" verb="*" type="DotNetNuke.Services.FileSystem.FileServerHandler, DotNetNuke" preCondition="integratedMode" />
      <add name="CaptchaHandler" path="*.captcha.aspx" verb="*" type="DotNetNuke.UI.WebControls.CaptchaHandler, DotNetNuke" preCondition="integratedMode" />
      <add name="UserProfilePageHandler" verb="*" path="User.aspx" type="DotNetNuke.Services.UserProfile.UserProfilePageHandler, DotNetNuke" preCondition="integratedMode" />
      <add name="RadProgressHandler" verb="*" path="Telerik.RadUploadProgressHandler.ashx" type="Telerik.Web.UI.Upload.RadUploadProgressHandler, Telerik.Web.UI" preCondition="integratedMode" />
      <add name="AJAX_SwirlChat" path="DesktopModules/SWIRLChat/*.ashx" verb="POST,GET" type="AjaxPro.AjaxHandlerFactory, AjaxPro.2" />
      <add name="ClientDependencyHandler" verb="*" path="DependencyHandler.axd" type="ClientDependency.Core.CompositeFiles.CompositeDependencyHandler, ClientDependency.Core" preCondition="integratedMode" />
      <add name="UserProfilePicHandler" path="ProfilePic.ashx" verb="*" type="DotNetNuke.Services.UserProfile.UserProfilePicHandler, DotNetNuke" preCondition="integratedMode" />
      <remove name="ExtensionlessUrl-Integrated-4.0" />
      <add name="ExtensionlessUrl-Integrated-4.0" path="*." verb="GET,HEAD,POST,DEBUG,PUT,DELETE" type="System.Web.Handlers.TransferRequestHandler" preCondition="integratedMode,runtimeVersionv4.0" />
      <add name="SitemapHandler" path="Sitemap.aspx" verb="*" type="DotNetNuke.Services.Sitemap.SitemapHandler, DotNetNuke" preCondition="integratedMode" />
      <add name="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource" verb="*" path="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource, Telerik.Web.UI" preCondition="integratedMode" />
      <add name="Telerik.Web.UI.ChartHttpHandler" verb="*" path="ChartImage.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.ChartHttpHandler, Telerik.Web.UI, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4" />
      <add name="HtmTemplateFileHandler" verb="*" path="*.htmtemplate" type="DotNetNuke.Providers.RadEditorProvider.HtmTemplateFileHandler, DotNetNuke.RadEditorProvider" preCondition="integratedMode" />
    </handlers>
Feb 20, 2013 at 10:01 PM
That is confusing. How is my website even working? What do I do now? Can I just use the new web.config file from the install package and create mine from it? Will that work?
Coordinator
Feb 20, 2013 at 10:37 PM
Yeah, honestly I don't know. I didn't think IIS 7 could load the handler information from the old handler section, but I may be wrong.

This is probably a good question for some of the DNN guru's.
Feb 28, 2013 at 7:02 AM
Its working for me now
however, when i go to my website/forum page using my andriod cell i dont get any popup message saying that tapatalk is installed. Am I not doing something?
Coordinator
Feb 28, 2013 at 2:25 PM
The popup message that you see on other sites comes from a Javascript file. I haven't added that functionality yet, but it is on the roadmap (that's why the installation instructions say to install the module on the same page as Active Forums).

If you want to add it yourself, there's really no reason why you can't do it. The required javascript file is in the PHP starter kit that's available on the Tapatalk website. You just need to add that javascript file to the page Active Forums is on.
Feb 28, 2013 at 9:29 PM
TThank you, Jason.

So the tapatalk app is common for all tapatalk enabled forums? Once I download the app on my cell I can use it for all the forums of different websites?
Coordinator
Feb 28, 2013 at 9:31 PM
Yep, you can access thousands of forums with the one app. You can setup your favorites and it will retain your login information, etc.

It's a very nice way to access forums from a mobile device.
Feb 28, 2013 at 9:32 PM
Yes definitely. Unless you get them to brand the app to your website then it's personalized.
Coordinator
Feb 28, 2013 at 9:35 PM
But that costs $30 a month and you you have to do the development work for all of the mobile platforms... Not a great deal if you ask me.
Feb 28, 2013 at 9:38 PM
I didn't read the fine print. I wouldn't mind the monthly but the rest sounds like a pita