Feedback?

Coordinator
Mar 1, 2013 at 4:44 PM
I haven't heard much from anyone since I released the 0.0.6 beta. I'm hoping silence means no real problems.

It's getting a fair amount of usage on my main site and I have not heard of any problems from users since installing 0.0.6. In case you didn't notice when you created your forum record on Taptalk.com, you can see how many people are viewing your site via Tapatalk on that page as well.
Mar 1, 2013 at 5:11 PM
I have noticed few things.

I allow anonymous users to post on some of my forums I cant do that via tapatalk.
Profile does not work. I am using the user page not the forum profile maybe that's the reason?)
I cannot edit my topics via tapatalk.
I think you said something about PMs about working on it. If not, then PMs do not work but I guess that means you have to work with the core messaging.

Thanks for creating this.
Mar 1, 2013 at 5:12 PM
Oh and Polls dont work either.
Mar 1, 2013 at 5:12 PM
JB

I was just about to post the other night but I realized I have bigger fish to fry. I'm starting to work on a new website for a client. Big fire buffs out of Texas. I have them on most current version of DNN as well as AF (not the new one released yesterday but beta). I went through the steps. It failed when I was trying to find the url on the tapatalk website. I tried everything I could without pulling my hair out. Read a discussion between you and Frozen and it would appear that I'm having similar issues.

Basically I ran out of time thinking the site needed to be up today, but then found out I still have a few weeks. I would love to get the tapatalk plugin running first. I was just going to wait and work on it after I'm done. I have this hosted on a PowerDNN dedicated server, IIS7, and its almost a brand new build. Not much installed on it. It would appear to me the web.config file isn't getting written to properly, but I just barely troubleshooted anything.

Another question I had was what exactly should go in the url field on the tapatalk website? for example the url to AF is...

....ek.net/MembersOnly/PrivateForum/tabid/115/Default.aspx

I know it says not to include the final garbage.blah in the url. In the example I posted just now, the only thing missing is my domain name. Additionally, because their URL is currently pointed to an old website, I'm using a temporary. So I have a temp domain setup as an alias. That shouldn't matter right?

I tried every possible combination ending with privateforum/ and with the tabid/ and 115/ and nothing worked. Should I be able to browse to the mobiquo directory somehow from a browser? Or mobiquo.ashx?

At this point I'm playing with this website, skin options, and other stuff. I'll gladly give you some access if you need it. We can then also document what is going on. I can definitely help take notes, but I'm not even sure where to start. I'm watching these pretty religiously. So let me know if you would like to dive in.

Thanks!!!
Mar 1, 2013 at 5:14 PM
Edited Mar 1, 2013 at 5:15 PM
One other thing I should add, my forums are all private. This isn't going to allow anyone other than registered members to even see the posts. It will eventually contain content that is for law enforcement only. I wondered if that was causing the issue, but I'm sure the plugin has all of the permissions to the content it needs. I do have the plugin installed on the same page as the forum home.

Thanks- seriously, you are amazing. I've been drooling over this since you launched

sf
Coordinator
Mar 1, 2013 at 5:42 PM
@FrozenDNN The anonymous post thing should work. It must be a bug on my part. I'll try and make sure it's working properly in the next beta.

Profiles, Search, PM's and Edit/Moderation are all road map features that haven't been implemented yet, but based on what I've seen from Active Forums and the Tapatalk API, they should all be possible in future releases.

Polls is a feature that the Tapatalk API itself does not currently support, so I can't do anything there.

@Supermansrf The forum url is just the base url for your site (ie: http://www.mysite.com). That's all you need. Take a look at the settings page on the module, it should give you the 3 critical values that you will need to provide on the Tapatalk website.

Note that your site MUST be publicly accessible for the Tapatalk integration to work, so if you're testing on localhost behind a firewall, unfortunately that doesn't work (makes developing a giant pain in the butt too!).

Last but not least, you should be able to turn off anonymous access in settings. This should force tapatalk users to login in first thing.

If you're still not able to get it working, please let me know so I can provide further assistance.

Thank you guys for the feedback. I'm enjoying working on the project and look forward to making it even better

-JB
Mar 1, 2013 at 6:10 PM
One other thing I should add, my forums are all private. This isn't going to allow anyone other than registered members to even see the posts. It will eventually contain content that is for law enforcement only. I wondered if that was causing the issue, but I'm sure the plugin has all of the permissions to the content it needs. I do have the plugin installed on the same page as the forum home.

Thanks

sf
Mar 1, 2013 at 7:55 PM
Unreal, fresh pair of eyes and bam. It all sync'd up.

Works like a charm. I guess not working on something at 4 in the morning helped.

Awesome. Made my day
Coordinator
Mar 1, 2013 at 8:23 PM
Great!
Mar 2, 2013 at 12:51 AM
JB

Any clue if board express will work with this?

Coordinator
Mar 2, 2013 at 12:58 AM
No idea. I don't have a Windows Phone to test with.
Mar 2, 2013 at 1:06 AM
Field trip! Ill find out and report back. May take me a day or so. It looks promising though. Claims its all compatible.

Thanks. Figured I would ask.
Mar 4, 2013 at 7:04 AM
I'm very overloaded with my work... I've installa 0.0.6 but not yet tested.