I think something is wrong....but it could be me

Mar 11, 2013 at 11:20 PM
Hi all,

I'm on 7.0.4 and AF 5.0.3. I've got the latest 0.0.6 beta installed....

The good news is that TT can see my forum. I can even see the headers of each entry. However when I try to open a post nothing is displayed. Did I miss a step? I'm not generating any noticeable errors.

Thanks,
Doug
Coordinator
Mar 13, 2013 at 1:58 AM
Hi Doug,

Which Tapatalk client are you using?
Mar 22, 2013 at 5:35 PM
Android Client.
Coordinator
Mar 22, 2013 at 6:34 PM
Are you logged in using Tapatalk? This could also be a permissions issue with the forums. Anonymous users would need to have read access to the forums in order to see the post content.

Are your forums public? If you'd like to send me the URL/Name, I can give it a try in the iOS tapatalk client.
Mar 22, 2013 at 6:39 PM
Anywhere there was a place to login, I did login. You can get to my forums here: http://dev.words2eat.com/GetInvolved/BeSocial/Starttalking/tabid/114/Default.aspx

This is my dev site....

On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 12:34 PM, jbrunken <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Are you logged in using Tapatalk? This could also be a permissions issue with the forums. Anonymous users would need to have read access to the forums in order to see the post content.

Are your forums public? If you'd like to send me the URL/Name, I can give it a try in the iOS tapatalk client.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (ActiveForumsTapatalk@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email ActiveForumsTapatalk@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

--
Regards,
Doug

Want to know a bit more about me, go to http://about.me/douglass.smith
Mar 22, 2013 at 6:50 PM
My Live site is at http://www.words2eat.com/Get-Involved/Be-Social/Start-talking.aspx this has the module installed on it.
Coordinator
Mar 22, 2013 at 7:01 PM
Well, oddly I can't access your forum at all with the Tapatalk 2.0 iOS client. I can access it with the Tapatalk 1.0 iOS client, but I see the same behavior that you describe.

How do you have things configured on Tapatalk.com? Does your configuration point at your dev server or your live server?

You may want to do a repair install of both AF and the Tapatalk module.
Mar 22, 2013 at 7:09 PM
well i had it configured to look at the dev site, but then I deleted that config from the tt.com site and created one using the live site. I got the same result,

I've got everything configured per the instructions.

In the module:
I've enabled the API
I've enabled Anonymous Access
Forum URL points to the main site, not to the page that has AF on it
File extension is ashx

In the owner area

Basic: Forum URL matches the module but still only lists the main domain
Advanced: Installation Directory name matches the module

Note: I didn't see anything about the relative registration URL in the owner area.

On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 1:01 PM, jbrunken <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Well, oddly I can't access your forum at all with the Tapatalk 2.0 iOS client. I can access it with the Tapatalk 1.0 iOS client, but I see the same behavior that you describe.

How do you have things configured on Tapatalk.com? Does your configuration point at your dev server or your live server?

You may want to do a repair install of both AF and the Tapatalk module.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (ActiveForumsTapatalk@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email ActiveForumsTapatalk@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

--
Regards,
Doug

Want to know a bit more about me, go to http://about.me/douglass.smith
Mar 22, 2013 at 7:19 PM
I reinstalled both and now I can see everything. Weird, but that worked! Thanks for the assist Jason.
Coordinator
Mar 22, 2013 at 7:43 PM
Good deal, you're welcome! It was probably AF. There was a bug in the 5.0.3 package that was originally posted that prevented it from updating it's DLL during an upgrade. A repair install fixes that.

Your forums will likely work better now as well.